Skip to content
Typical Cub Scout Activities
- Monthly Pack and Den meetings (Sunday afternoons).
- Sports and Games
- Hands-on, age-appropriate learning experiences and crafts.
- Outdoor activities, including hiking and camping.
- Visit local police/fire/medical stations
- Fundraising activities (where possible)
- Perform service projects around Austin
- Rain Gutter Regatta
- Pinewood Derby
- Blue and Gold Ceremony (end of year)
Cub Scout Ranks (or Where You’ll be Placed)
- Lions – Kindergartners.
- Bobcat – All new Cub Scouts (and Lions) must earn the Bobcat Badge before advancing on to Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos.
- Tigers – First Graders / 7-year-olds
- Wolf – Second Graders / 8-year-olds
- Bear – Third Graders / 9-year-olds
- Webelos – Fourth Graders / 10 year-olds
- Arrow of Light – Highest rank in Cub Scouts, preparing Webelos to become a Boy Scout. This is the only Cub Scout badge that can be worn on a Boy Scout uniform.