Local Links for Pack 9
- Bryker Woods Elementary PTA – Our chartering organization
- Troop 9 – The Boy Scout Troop at Bryker Woods Elementary that we share facilities with, and work with on various projects/events. Many of the Pack 9 Cub Scouts will go on to join Troop 9 once they finish Webelos.
- Armadillo District – The district that Pack 9 belongs to – our district is contained within Austin, Central Austin to be precise, and is mostly based on school boundaries. For more information on the various districts in our area, please see the Districts page of the Capitol Area Council website.
- BSA Capitol Area Council – The council that Pack 9 and the Armadillo District belong to. First started in 1912 as the Austin Council, it now serves 15 counties: Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, DeWitt, Fayette, Gillespie, Gonzales, Hays, Lavaca, Lee, Llano, Mason, Travis and Williamson. CAC owns/operates the following facilities: Lost Pines Scout Reservation near Bastrop, Camp Tom Wooten (located within Lost Pines Scout Reservation) near Bastrop, Smilin V Scout Ranch near Liberty Hill, Griffith League Scout Ranch near Bastrop, Camp Green Dickson near Gonzales, Camp Alma McHenry near Giddings, Roy D. Rivers Wilderness Camp near Smithville. Rathgeber Wilderness Scout Camp near Dripping Springs
- Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center at 12500 North IH 35, Austin, Texas, 78753. The Fickett Center is the main hub for Scout leader training, support, and resources in the Central Texas area. It’s also home to the Steve Matthews Scout Shop, the Sarah Keithley Conference Center, and the Puett Eagle Wall. Scout units may arrange to use the facility for events and ceremonies.
- Steve Matthews Scout Shop – Located within the Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center (listed above), it has supplies, uniforms, books, and other items that scouts may need, and the proceeds benefit local scouting.
National Links for Cub Scouts
- BSA’s COVID-19 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Scouting.org – Boy Scouts of America – The official website, covering Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA (formerly Boy Scouts), Venturing (14-20 years old), Sea Scouting, and Exploring (10-20 years old)
- Boy Scout Trail – Resources for Scouts
- Scouting.org – Cub Scout Portal – Exactly what it says – all things Cub Scouts